AUGUST 2020-JUNE 2021 SCHOOL YEAR
TRANSPORTATION & LODGING GRANT APPLICATION
FWP is offering Montana outlying school district grant funds to visit Montana WILD - Education Center located in Helena, Montana. The goal of this grant program is to assist "outlying" schools to learn at Montana WILD.
Grants are for transportation and/or lodging costs only.
GRANT CRITERIA AND GENERAL INFORMATION
- This is a reimbursement grant. School must complete the trip and pay expenses prior to receiving reimbursement.
- Schools may apply for up to $2,500 annually which represents the combined total of eligible transportation and lodging reimbursement.
- Schools must apply through Web Grants (www.funding.mt.gov).
- Students must be in grades 4-12, unless: (1) it is a small rural school with a combined classroom; or (2) the teacher has completed a Growing Up Wild Training.
- To participate, a school must be an 'outlying" school (a minimum of 50 miles, one way from Helena).
- To qualify for lodging reimbursement, schools must be located more than 150 miles (one way from Helena).
- The deadline for this grant is May 28, 2020.
- Schools must visit for a minimum of 2.5 hours.
- Schools must complete:
- Prior to their visit – Two FWP approved lesson plans/activities.
- After their visit – FWP also encourages that after the visit schools do one community-based project focusing on conservation, living with wildlife or stewardship.
- Personal food and beverages (except water) is not permitted into the building. Please plan your lunches accordingly. There are a few picnic tables behind the center and nearby at Spring Meadow Lake State Park. You can reserve the Group Shelter at Spring Meadow Lake State Park online: https://montanastateparks.reserveamerica.com/camping/r/campgroundDetails.do?contractCode=MT&parkId=630318
- Only the school participating can be reimbursed. Third party vendors (bus companies) cannot be paid directly.
- Reimbursement is for eligible transportation and lodging costs only. Food or substitute pay is not eligible for reimbursement.
- School must provide proof of payment for lodging and transportation expenditures to be eligible for reimbursement.
- Reimbursement for student lodging is $30 per student.
- Reimbursement for teacher lodging is $30 per teacher and is provided for one teacher for every 15 students.