TRAIL STEWARDSHIP PROGRAM
Applications due January 15th, 5:00 PM MDT
The Trail Stewardship Program (TSP) was established following the 2019 Legislative Session when Senate Bill 24 was passed into law. Funding for TSP comes from a portion of Montana’s $9.00 light vehicle registration fee, as well as a portion of marijuana tax revenue. Since it’s establishment TSP has awarded approximately $3.6 million to 104 projects across the state focused on development, renovation and maintenance.
Eligible Funding Areas:
- New trail and shared-use path construction
- Rehabilitation and maintenance of trails and shared-use paths, including winter grooming
- Construction and maintenance of trailside and trailhead facilities
- Tribal governments
- School districts
- Recreational clubs and organizations
- State and federal agencies
- Maximum award: $100,000.00
- Match Requirement: 10% of total project costs
More Information can be found at https://fwp.mt.gov/aboutfwp/grant-programs/trail-stewardship .
Please read and review the latest TSP Application Guidelines for more information on eligibility, review criteria, scoring processes.
Applicants are encouraged to reach out to the Program Manager, email@example.com with any questions or application feedback prior to January 9th.